A: Are you one of those rare people who have taken the time to consider a critical path for your life? Have you realized that the decisions you make today will affect where you ultimately end up in your tomorrows? At this juncture in your journey, doesn’t it make sense to take time out to nail that down? Before you go off in pursuit of college and career, wouldn’t it be great to have a road map of where you are going?
If you have figured out your destiny, congratulations. You are way ahead of the game. IGNITE can help you perfect your plan. If you are like most, however, IGNITE can be that defining moment in your life that helps you get a clearer view of the big picture and that will make many of the more minor decisions fall into place.
Is IGNITE right for you? It depends on whether you want to spend one year of your life figuring out what you are here for and then live the rest of your life doing it; or if you want to spend the rest of your life figuring out what you’re here for and not have any life left to do it.
Q: What is IGNITE?
A: IGNITE is not a just a program, or a retreat, or a get-away. It is an invitation – the same one that Jesus extended to the 12 men when He said, “Follow me.” He was not asking them to join His church. He was inviting them to come and walk with Him for three years so that they would know Him in a way that would ignite a transformation so deep it would ultimately change their lives forever from the inside out. (Read more
Q: What do you believe? What is your Statement of Faith?
A: This is our Statement of Faith:
- We believe in what is termed "the Apostle's Creed" as embodying all the fundamental doctrines of orthodox, evangelical Christianity.
- We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three Persons-the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit-equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all and governs all.
- We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teaching; His substitutionary atoning death; bodily resurrection; ascension into heaven; perpetual intercession for His people; and personal, visible return to earth. We believe that He is one and the same as God; He was fully human and fully God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Spirit as reflected through the fruit of that same Spirit.
- We believe that all the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, and that they are the infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe all people are, by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as his or her personal Lord and Savior, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all of his/her sins are forgiven, and he/she becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
- We believe in the universal Church, in the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members.We believe the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: (1) baptism and (2) the Lord's Supper.We believe that the Bible clearly demonstrates that spiritual gifts are for the edification of the body and that they are to be exercised in love.
- We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without love, all exercise of other spiritual gifts is worthless.
Q: How long is the program and what is the program curriculum?
A: IGNITE runs for twelve months, in four phases that include the following curriculum:
Phase 1 - Three months of equipping at Potter’s Field Headquarters in Antigua, Guatemala. Using the book of Acts as a foundation, along with teachings on missions, basic doctrine, and apologetics from staff and guest pastors from all around the nation, the students will be ready to live out a life of mission on the field.
Phase 2 - They will then be launched as teams to the various works of Potter’s Field Ministries in Africa, Asia, or Central America, under the safe supervision of the local pastors who oversee the work in those areas.
Phase 3 - Upon completion of their field assignment, the teams will return to Potter’s Field Ranch in Northwest Montana for a month of reentry and debrief.
Phase 4 – The final phase of their mission will be the most challenging, as each student returns home to serve for the remaining two months in their local churches.
Q: Can you tell me about the faculty in the school?
A: The IGNITE Mission Training School is blessed to have a seasoned pastoral team that co-teaches the curriculum. The blend of experience, personalities, and diverse gifting offer a rare and invaluable learning environment that combines intellectual, team building, hands-on, and interactive styles of learning.
Staff Pastors: Pastor Don McClure, Pastor Michael Rozell, Pastor Steve Venable, Pastor Jim Randall, and Pastor Gennarino DeStefano
Q: Where is the IGNITE program located?
A: The training phase of IGNITE is located in Antigua, Gutemala. The field service assignments currently include Guatemala, Kenya, Uganda, Costa Rica and Cambodia. The re-entry phase occurs in Northwest Montana, 22 miles north of Whitefish and about 40 miles south of the Canadian border. This is our US Headquarters and is located on an 80-acre lot with wildlife throughout. Our physical location is: 8775 Hwy 93 North, Olney, MT 59927 (approximately 3 miles north of Olney).
Q: Can you tell me more about each of those locations?
A: In each of these programs, the children not only receive solid teaching from the Word of God, but nutritional and educational needs are met as well. IGNITE interns are integrated into the daily routine of the ministries at each location, under the direct supervision of the overseeing church's pastors and PFK staff in the area. The responsibilities range from something as mundane and seemingly
insignificant as cleaning classrooms to something as eternal and profound as leading a child to Christ, and everything in between. Click the following links for more information on the programs in each location: Costa Rica
, Guatemala, Kenya
, and Uganda
Q: How can I apply?
A: To apply for the IGNITE Mission Training School, simply CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
or to request one by mail click here
. Space is limited and applications are processed on a first-come basis. Applications should be submitted a minimum of 45 days prior to the desired start dates which are in January and July of each year.